New York, NY
Strategy Operations Lead -
New York, NY
What you'll do
- Work closely with the head of the Podcaster Mission to help lead, ideate and set strategy.
- Build a deep understanding of how a large creator platform serves millions of podcasters globally through products, marketing, creator relations, content systems, and help to evolve the efficiency of these functions.
- Evangelize data-driven thinking, inspiring leaders on the team to ensure the work we do is data informed and having measurable impact.
- Influence overall company strategic operations and help execute other company wide initiatives, in collaboration with our central operations function on initiatives such as quarterly and yearly goal setting and execution.
- Plan and facilitate regular team-wide meetings and less frequent events that build alignment, community, expertise, and innovation.
- Improve our operational processes and cadences to accelerate delivery and capacity for innovation and growth while maintaining quality and stability, working closely with other team leads, as well as sub-team managers.
- Partner with our HR partners in strategic workforce planning, organizational effectiveness and health.
- Communicate both internally to the Podcaster team and outward toward our internal partners (other departments and business units at Spotify) - e.g., to collaborate, strategize, and further the success of our platform’s creators and the engagement they drive on Spotify and other listening platforms.
- Partner with marketing and our central communications partners to help shape how we extend our creator product brands and industry leadership in the audio creator market.
- Help lead acquisition assessments in partnership with our M&A team (infrequent).
- Lead, grow, and evolve a focused team of passionate and impactful operations team members.
Who you are
- Ideally, you have domain experience working on a large, digital platform that serves millions of users.
- You share our passion in empowering a global audience to create.
- You have a proven track record of driving, ideating, and implementing strategy for a product-centric team.
- You’re comfortable packaging, presenting, and evangelizing high level strategic initiatives to large, cross functional teams.
- You have a strong sense of vision for where the future is going and you’re excited to build creative business solutions to align with market timing.
- You have experience getting large groups of people excited about your ideas and committed to helping you implement them.
- You have a strong background in change, project, and program management.
- You have a demonstrated track-record of improving process and practices with systems level thinking.
- You effectively communicate complex systems and processes, towards a diverse set of stakeholders, including top executives.
- You have experience and enjoy leading, growing, and managing people, ideally across multiple geographies.
- You’re able to collaborate with cross functional teams who may or may not share the same near term goals with you or your team.
- You are experienced at articulating user centric impact metrics/business metrics, and you understand the process and practice for creating qualitative and quantitative insights from data and research.
- You have a deep understanding of lean or agile software development.
- You have a solid base of business and financial acumen, with experience leading strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, and budgeting.
- You have experienced and thrived in high growth or high change environments.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.