New York, NY
Site Reliability Engineer -
Data & Insights
New York, NY
What you'll do:
- You’ll design, develop and help operate our data warehouse, BigQuery, and help make it more reliable, accessible, and scalable as our usage grows and becomes more sophisticated
- Drive reliability on our Jupyter notebook platform running on Kubernetes such that we can scale it and provide a stable platform for Data Practitioners to iterate and explore data
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Build, automate, maintain, scale, and supervise user-facing systems using standard methodologies, with reliability and scalability in mind
- Work with the other engineers to debug and fix issues
- Implement high-quality release engineering practices to facilitate rapid development, safe changes, and engineer productivity
- Maintain system architecture documentation and runbooks
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and tackle exciting problems, creating an awesome engineering experience within Spotify
- You’ll initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify
- You’ll use industry standard, cloud native tech, which means easily transferable skills and a focus on your professional development
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we solve problems in Data, Monetization, Music Recommendations, Features for Artists, and Social Networking
Who you are:
- You are an experienced site reliability engineer
- Know how to write distributed, well designed services in Java
- Have experience writing SQL, including writing and analyzing complex joins, reading explain plans, optimizing indexes, etc
- You know how to work with large scale data systems
- You know how to use Docker
- Know how to use automation tools like Terraform, Puppet, or Ancible
- You will be able to apply your knowledge of the Java runtime environment to help us improve our backend service and data landscape.
- Are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a bonus.
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify