New York, NY
Senior User Researcher -
New York, NY
What you'll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of user researchers, data scientists, product managers, designers, marketers, and engineers who are passionate about building products to help creators and their teams succeed.
- Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior, and represent the voice of our users in the product development process.
- Drive an insights agenda, executing research diligently and inventively. You will identify impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs.
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams by delivering insights that inform the problems we choose to seek and shape the future of our roadmaps.
- Exercise your thought leadership and become a go-to specialist for user research in the creator space.
- Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, enabling our product teams to focus on fulfilling the right needs of creators & their teams.
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate results and recommendations to product and design teams.
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have proven experience in user research, with significant expertise in either exploratory qualitative research to identify needs and problems or workflow and task analysis (or both!).
- You hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience.
- You are comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a variety of contexts.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative data.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business, and design.
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered, evidence-based approach to product development while balancing business needs.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.