New York, NY
Senior Staff Engineer -
New York, NY
What you'll do
- Be a strong engineering voice alongside other leaders through advising and driving Spotify’s technical vision and strategy.
- Represent engineering in settings where deep knowledge of our tech stack is needed (Technical Steering Groups, cross-company work streams, Special Interest Groups).
- Support engineering leaders in defining and driving software craftsmanship and sustainable development processes.
- Take responsibility for the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects, define architectural vision and provide leadership for teams.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with to initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Review code to ensure it is high quality, efficient, well-tested and documented.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices and mentoring other engineers.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of experience in engineering, with a strong background in data infrastructure.
- You have experience working in a cloud environment, preferably GCP.
- You have experience in Java and/or Scala. You have experience working on large scale, distributed infrastructure systems.
- You work across organizational boundaries and build effective relationships to tackle highly complex technical problems.
- You have experience working in an agile environment characterized by rapid change.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify