New York, NY
Senior Product Designer - Advertising Experience,
New York, NY
What you’ll do
- Work with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling content solutions. You’ll lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Together with your cross-functional partners, you’ll set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. Success will require fostering a shared understanding of the problem space using your skills to bring people together.
- Work across consumer-facing multimodal surfaces and more technical spaces, bringing the needs of our listeners with you as you explore.
- Create compelling multimodal experiences across the Spotify ecosystem for ads and promotions, exploring new ways for our listeners to engage that span different personas, contexts and devices.
- Work with peers to run experiments and develop processes to balance listener value and performance in a fast-paced environment in order to change behaviors and drive revenue growth.Collaborate with other podcast-focused teams and messaging teams to ensure we are using harmonious solutions and consistent patterns that spark engagement, while broadening the understanding of our consumers and their listening habits.
- Think outside of the box to build and execute on broad ideas, turning them into exciting, innovative, and viable solutions for the business that drive revenue.
- Work cross-functionally to drive a project forward by planning and breaking down open-ended opportunities into impactful next steps.
- Produce an array of divergent, human-focused approaches advised by user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities.
- Act autonomously and take ownership. You’ll provide teams with the methods, process and solutions needed to execute strategy. You’ll drive progress through obstacles by building consensus and making decisions - taking ownership for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- 7+ years experience delivering extraordinary design as a UX designer, information architect, interaction designer or similar. Mobile experience is a requirement.
- You care about communication and employ storytelling to paint a picture, build common understanding, set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- A conceptual and human-centered problem solver. Someone who seeks to understand people’s needs, motivations and behaviors – in order to translate them into impactful results.
- Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Care deeply about the impact of your work. Have experience tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its efficiency.
- An excellent teammate, partner and facilitator. Have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- Someone who has an appreciation for the role that advertising, messaging & promotion can play in a service such as Spotify, and can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organization. You understand the impact we can have in this space and recognize the opportunity to inject the perspective of our listeners into these conversations.
- Have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and help bring strategy to life.
- Can provide an online portfolio, or PDF to share to help us learn about how you think and practice your craft. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords, we cannot advance your application without them.
- Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify