New York, NY
Podcast Search & Recommendation
New York, NY
What You'll Do
- You will participate in cutting edge research in areas such as Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation System and Language Technologies with a focus on Information Extraction & Integration, Knowledge Management, Knowledge Representation & Reasoning, Semantic Search, Query and Content Understanding
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze and collect data, perform analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct experiments to validate these
- You will conduct applied research in search, recommendation, voice and other areas related to music and podcasts
- You will work in collaboration with other research scientists, product managers, engineers, designers, user researchers, and data analysts across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems
- You will have product impact, while working on and furthering development of a long-term research roadmap
- You will maintain a presence in the research community through external engagement such as publishing papers, giving talks, and being an active community member at top conferences
Who You Are
- You have a PhD in one of computer science, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, data science or related areas
- You will have a strong knowledge in one of the following areas: machine learning, information retrieval, recommender system, natural language processing, optimization techniques, knowledge management, offline / online evaluation methodology or data mining
- You have publications in research communities such as WSDM, WWW, RecSys, SIGIR, KDD, ISWC, NeurIPS, ICML, AAAI, ACL, EMNLP, or related
- You possess solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling of real data
- You have a passion for making sense of user behavior, especially podcast and music content, using best available methods
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify