Senior Research Scientist
What you'll do:
- Create, build, and drive the Tech Research function within the London office
- Define research cluster around fundamental and applied ML research with academic and business impact
- Work closely with teams across our four main R&D locations (Boston, London, New York and Stockholm) on both research and production systems in order to drive maximum product enhancements through the use of research
- Lead lab’s effort towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying and accomplishing intermediate milestones
- Hire, mentor and manage a world class research group of junior and senior technical research scientists with contributions to the external research community
- Ensure strong relations with academic labs
- Act as an R&D Team Lead for the London Office and our other R&D Offices
Who you are:
- 10+ years of postdoctoral industry or academic experience
- Experience mentoring and leading a group of applied research scientists
- Strong research track record focused on:
- Foundational machine learning: reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, value functions, supervised & unsupervised learning, deep learning, representation learning, optimization, causal inference & counterfactual reasoning
- Applied machine learning in areas such as information retrieval, recommendation, computational advertising, and natural language processing
- Large scale experimentation: experimental design, adaptive experimentation methods (in particulars bandit optimization and reinforcement learning), contextual decision-making, automated A/B testing.
- Extensive publication record at peer-reviewed ML conferences (e.g. NeuRIPS, ICML, AISTATS, UAI, COLT, ICLR, AAAI, etc) as well conferences with applied ML (e.g. KDD, WSDM, WWW, CIKM, RecSys, etc).
- Experience working in multidisciplinary, collaborative environments
- Experience working closely with product teams in a leadership role
- Desire to recruit from people with diverse backgrounds or experiences
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify