New York, NY
Product Manager -
Podcast Recommendation Technology
New York, NY
What You'll Do
- Engage with product, analytics, and user research teams to identify podcast recommendation needs for users across the globe
- Explore new opportunities and use cases for bringing podcast recommendations to users in the Spotify experience
- Work with the engineering team to articulate the vision and set the roadmap for core recommendation technology for podcasts
- Define requirements for and work with engineering to design data products and machine learning models required for broad podcast recommendation needs
- Define, monitor, and analyze business and quality metrics for data products and machine learning models, and feed learnings back into the development process
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term horizons
- Work closely with engineers to allow for fast development, evolution, and innovation of core data and machine learning products and tooling
- Ensure quality of data products and machine learning models, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- (Eventually) Work from our office in New York City
Who You Are
- You have at least 3 years of product management experience, ideally with experience in the areas of AI or ML products and are adept at knowing when and how to use those technologies to solve product problems
- You have worked in a product role for an internal platform or B2B environment, and are skilled at understanding the needs of and serving internal customers or teams or other businesses
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy and understanding of pain points and needs into something tangible that users or customers love
- You have experience working with engineers to set requirements for data products and/or predictive algorithms, and are passionate about building and being part of high performing teams
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You are experienced at creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data, models, and platforms to unlock business value and transform end user experiences
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify