Machine Learning Research Scientist -
What you'll do:
- You will participate in cutting edge research in one of Machine Learning, Language Technologies, Information Retrieval, Human-Computer Interaction, Algorithmic Bias.
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze and collect data, perform analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct experiments to validate these.
- You will work on practical applications such as recommendation, search, voice and language understanding, and areas related to music and podcast streaming.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, engineers, product managers, designers, user researchers, and analysts across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact, while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
- External engagement such as publishing, giving talks, and being an active community member at top conferences is encouraged.
Who you are:
- You have a PhD in either computer science, human-computer interaction, data science, computational social science, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing or related areas.
- You will have a strong knowledge of data mining, machine learning, human-computer interaction, evaluation, deep learning, optimization techniques, information retrieval, recommender systems, conversational search and/or natural language understanding.
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, SIGIR, FAT*, NeurIPS, WSDM, SIGDIAL, RecSys, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, ICML, or related.
- You possess solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling of real data.
- You have a passion for making sense of user behavior, using any available methods.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify