New York, NY
Machine Learning Platform (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY
Who you are
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You have previous experience developing large scale production ML systems
- You are either an experienced manager or a senior individual contributor with strong people skills and leadership experience
- You have previous industry experience with large scale ML systems using frameworks such as Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and XGBoost
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You’re familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings, and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
- Ideally, you're actively engaged in the ML community (open source, meetups)
What you'll do
- You will hire, coach, mentor, and develop the careers of a team of engineers
- You’ll be responsible for building upon Spotify’s suite of tools for developing and delivering production-scale end-to-end Machine Learning workflows
- You will provide guidance and collaborate with Spotify teams in a number of aspects of data science, machine learning and engineering
- You will partner with the team’s product managers and EMs to engage with various Spotify product teams to: understand their changing needs in the ML space, lead our ML infrastructure and products, jointly plan and prioritize high-level cross-team collaborations.
- You will support the engineering team in formulating the technical strategy for evaluation and adoption of open source and third party ML infrastructure solutions
- In the end, your primary goal is to grow a highly effective engineering team
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify