We are looking for a rockstar lead that will join our Workplace Services team called The Roadies! As the lead of the Operations & Experience team within The Roadies you will keep things running smooth daily. No stone goes unturned when identifying areas for improvement within the 500K+ sf of space.
What you’ll do
Effectively manage and lead a team of Workplace Coordinators, including, but not limited to:
- Working with your counterpart, the Events & Experience team lead, to build and maintain a rotating schedule for reception coverage needs, accommodating as needed for growth/process changes and employee projects
- Scheduling regular 1-1s and team meetings, and partnering with other Workplace Leads on team wide training and L&D
- Approving timesheets and PTO in a timely manner
- Providing a clear strategy for growth and development for all reports
- Must have a proven track record of fostering collaboration, emotional intelligence and trust
- Must have managed a team of at least three for at least two years. Former team member references might be required.
Focus on helping your team manage workplace operations for 14 floors including:
- Reception Coverage
- Manage the visitor experience and innovating ideas to make it rock! This includes interoffice travel.
- Manage vendors for things like the first aid kit refill, AED maintenance, bike room access, plant maintenance, shredding
- Performing daily walkthroughs to keep the space looking fresh by putting everything back in order
- Transform spaces to create invigorating atmospheres different from what they were before
- Update internal comm pages as necessary with updates to our procedures or office guidelines
- Manage team office supply procurement and distribution to ensure the space is up to standards daily
- Assist stakeholders with needs related to the office
- Manage AppSpace digital signage slideshow
- Assist the FM in managing seating changes, total restacks and moves
- Manage physical signage throughout the space
- Assist with bike room access
- Help People Experience (PX) maintain specialty spaces (game rooms etc.)
- Intranet upkeep for relevancy and changes
- JIRA ticket assignment and open ticket monitoring
- Planning fun workplace experiences/pop-ups for your fellow colleagues
- Interfacing with the building to manage bookings such as vendor approvals, loading dock reservations and freight.
Who you are
- You are passionate about workplace services
- You are a proven leader in office operations
- You are an expert in Google Apps, Confluence, JIRA and Coupa
- You are a mentor who believes in career development and is patient
- You are a vendor management guru
- You are extremely customer service oriented
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are extremely team oriented – It will be important for your team to be one with the larger team both in NY and globally.
- You are a mechanical and visual person – This role requires someone who not only can visualize the outcome of projects prior to committing to them but also someone who has a mechanical mindset to see how the pieces will come together.
- You have strong, outstanding verbal and written communication skills – As you will be required to communicate with internal stakeholders, vendors and other GWS team members your written and verbal communication skills must be of a business professional level.
- A person with a love for design is a must!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.