Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017 we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to make music making available for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using. With us, anyone with an interest in audio making can create their sound recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
The Education Solution Sales Executive is responsible for positioning Soundtrap to prospective schools and school districts in North America. The purpose of the Education Solutions Sales Executive role is to increase revenue and market share as well as create long-term relationships with new and existing clients in the K-12 markets. To be successful as an Software Sales Executive, you must be comfortable partnering with School Districts and School Boards to influence the buying decision process.
The Software Sales Executive will cultivate relationships and engage with clients to educate them about Soundtrap and the value it would bring to their teachers and students. Our Software Sales Executive will work diligently to earn a deep understanding of Soundtrap´s offer as well as knowledge of the industry and accounts within the territory. The Software Sales Executive will work from the West Coast and most Soundtrap colleagues will be based elsewhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage opportunities on the US West Coast
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- Contribute to sales strategy, concentrating on large and mid-sized school districts
- Work closely with US Sales Team Manager and Sales Director based out of Sweden.
- Establish new contacts and relationships with C-level decision makers at district level.
- Track open district bids and RFPs in the region and manage potential RFP applications.
- Leverage existing industry knowledge and contacts to promote the Soundtrap brand in Education.
- Attend industry events and conferences
- Keep up with education trends and legislation
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience including at least 5 years Education Software Sales experience
- A driven sales professional with the ability to leverage professional networks in the territory
- Proven track record of excellence in education sales activity especially district wide sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate in a team-oriented sales environment
- Strong time management skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills as well as solid writing and presentation skills
- You take pride in being a self-starter that get things done!
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to strategically plan sales calls and execute follow-up with prospects, clients, internal staff and management
- Proficient in web-based applications and programs to effectively manage pipeline in the client relationship management system (Salesforce or similar), as well as the request for proposal and bid process
- Ability to travel throughout the territory regularly, including some overnight and occasional international travel
- Open to working with non local teams based in different time zones
- Energetic, positive, self-motivated team player
- Background in education is preferred but not essential
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.