The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for engaged and skilled Web Engineers to join our teams in the Platform mission product area. We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like Search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on certain types of clients. Our mission is to provide an intuitive, industry-leading engineering experience that inspires excellence and innovation. Together we try to find new ways to craft an outstanding Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
As a Web Engineer you will influence the team’s web interfaces and contribute to the code-to-production experience of all developers in Spotify, giving awesome feedback on code quality, tests and helping solving failures when building and deploying. You will work with team members from various Spotify groups, with a focus on finding scalable solutions with the goal of increasing both effectiveness and efficiency across our cloud technology (compute, storage, database, machine learning, observability, orchestration, developer tools, etc.).
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience level.
What you’ll do
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers, product designers and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team
- Use your experience of the frontend to design intelligent solutions that include front-end and back-end systems
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to seek and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
Who you are
- You are not afraid of digging into backend technologies such as Java and Node.js
- You care about the user experience and are passionate about building user-friendly web applications.
- You care deeply about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, clean code and automated testing.
- You are motivated by working collaboratively in teams and continuously improving by giving and receiving feedback.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.