We’re looking for a Front-End and Full-Stack Engineers to join our Personalization product area. Our product area helps power Spotify’s personalized features whether listening experiences like Discover Weekly and Daily Mix or means of exploration like Search and Home. We build our products through close collaboration between technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Stockholm, London, New York and Boston.
Would you like to help us build tools that craft and influence the content of the Spotify app? We have lots of fun challenges in the pipeline, including creating new tools that will guide our users to ways to improve the content and experience in the app, but also a completely new platform that will host and create workflows out of those apps. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by an understanding of software engineering best practices.
We are a team who truly believes in diversity and inclusion and this is reflected in the work we do and how we organize. We strive to make sure everyone’s voice is heard equally much and focus on building an environment where inclusion is constantly on top of everyone’s mindset. We believe that diversity makes us stronger and our products and solutions better.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles where seniority is not the primary aspect we are considering, but rather how you can complement the team we already have.
What you’ll do
- Bring your perspective, knowledge and ideas to our team and help us be even more successful in our day-to-day tasks
- Write testable, maintainable and scalable code, primarily on the front-end side, and always with a quality mindset
- Continuously optimize and iterate on your ideas and solutions, and always strive for an even better user experience
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Share knowledge and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
Who you are
- You have strong HTML and CSS knowledge, and care deeply about building user-friendly web applications
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve your ways of working
- You are good at solving problems and can take the initiative to drive a problem from start to end
- You value team success over personal success, and collaborate to get tasks solved
- It is a bonus if you have experience from any of the following areas: GraphQL, Java, Node.JS, testing practices like BDD or TDD, Typescript, Elastic Search, Docker or CI/CD
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.