We are looking for a Web Engineer to help support and grow our products that help artists engage off-platform with their biggest fans. We want to optimize tools and bring Spotify’s global scale to allow artists to reach their fans at all reaches of the world, all while gaining valuable insights to help continually improve our products.
What you’ll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives as well as improving existing architecture.
- Be a strong participant in the Spotify-wide web developer community affecting and driving web engineering across the company.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.