We’re looking for a Web Engineer to join our Experience Mission product area. Our teams are responsible for all of Spotify’s consumer experiences across our mobile apps as well as platforms like desktop, web, TVs, speakers, cars, wearables, and partner application integrations to make Spotify available wherever our users are.
You will work with members of your team to build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Spotify. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience level.
What you’ll do
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and analysts
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
- Have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack week
Who you are
- You have experience in backend development and technologies such as Java or Node.js (only for particular teams)
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You have a working understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You value team success over personal success
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.