This role is for a newly formed multi-functional team consisting of full-stack web engineers and technical writers working in the Platform mission. Our goal is to improve the trust and flow of internal technical information – which includes documentation, Q&As, and more.
We’re hiring a Web Engineer to join our squad full-time in Stockholm to help evolve our platform, data pipelines and developer tooling. Our next big focus is developing an algorithm for documentation trust and crafting a world-class documentation search experience.
You’ll play a big part in executing this, among other areas, and the impact will be significant as we focus on resolving the 2nd biggest technical productivity blocker across Spotify. If we are successful, our work will help Spotifiers become 5x more impactful than the industry average.
What you’ll do:
- Use and build modern web tools to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code.
- Identify and address our software’s design, development, and performance bottlenecks.
- Invent new ways of solving company-wide technical information problems at scale.
- Collaborate with technical writers, data scientists, engineers and other stakeholders to build features.
- Actively participate in code and technical documentation reviews.
- Mentor and guide engineers across various teams and platforms.
Who you are:
- You are a good communicator and an empathetic, attentive listener with the capability to anticipate the needs of partners.
- You have experience engineering, developing and evolving a high-quality web application.
- You should have knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS. Bonus points for experience with React and its extensive ecosystem, as well as for familiarity with Node.js
- You care deeply about usability, accessibility, and performance.
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring).
- You are based in Stockholm (or are willing to relocate here).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Spotify. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.