We are looking for a Web Engineer to join our Creator Marketplace Engineering Team. We are changing the way creators engage with their fans, helping a million creators live off their art, and building a sustainable business for Spotify.
The Core UX team is in Creator (we build industry facing tools) and we aim to provide a powerful product to empower artists and their teams to collaborate effectively to enable artists’ success. As teams across Creator build more powerful and complex tools into this product, Core UX will provide the center to ensuring users have a usable, seamless, and delightful experience. This will entail building powerful flows and systems as well as tooling and heavy collaboration w/ teams across Creator.
What You’ll Do
- Develop design patterns and flows, and contribute to and improve our internal design systems to enable our creator-facing products to be consistent and have a delightful, powerful user experience
- Be an impactful and mature contributor to the team to plan, design, and build elegant solutions
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, product managers, and designers, both within your team and across teams
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Work from our NYC office with occasional travel to our other R&D offices
Who You Are
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
- You care deeply about usability, accessibility and performance
- You have experience working closely with designers and consider them partners
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You are adaptable and inventive and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You care deeply about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You care deeply about web technologies, business impact, design and music
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.