In Content Knowledge, we believe that by combining multiple sources of metadata, extracting information from the audio signal, and harnessing specialist curation, we can be in an outstanding position to have the richest and most accurate catalogue of audio in the world. By deriving reliable, rich knowledge from data, we are empowering Spotify’s teams to iterate faster and build impactful new products.
We are looking for a Web Engineer to build tools for our domain specialists to increase the quality of our metadata and enrich our understanding of our catalogue. The annotations that you gather through this tooling will foster into automating and improving the systems and data that these specialists handle. This will free them to move on to even more impactful, sophisticated work in collaboration with you. You will build the web applications for these tools and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will alter the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
Who You Are
- You are experienced in designing, developing and maintaining web applications
- You are proficient in React and TypeScript
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You enjoy collaborating closely with backend engineers and care about the software architecture across the backend, frontend and the APIs that glue them together
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and maintain web applications
- Work in a high-performance, autonomous team of engineers
- Collaborate closely with our expert curation teams and other specialists throughout Spotify such as data scientists, product managers and researchers
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you meaningful tasks to solve and the time needed to acquire new skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.