Spotify’s Mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned VP of Engineering, who will lead a rapidly expanding team of over 125 engineers working across a range of disciplines, and operate as part of the overall leadership team of Creator Marketplace.
About Creator Marketplace
Creator Marketplace is a product development, policy, research, and marketing team dedicated to the supply side of the platform. Serving a wide range of stakeholders — from independent creators through to major rights holders and enterprise partners — the team is innovating the content supply chain and the music ecosystem. Creator Marketplace is a key driver of company strategy, creating new services for creators and their teams.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting to the Head of Creator Marketplace, be a driving contributor to the Creator Marketplace lead team, representing technology
- Lead the delivery of our creator-side tools and services, ensuring the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development
- Be a source of energy and motivate a fast-paced and result-oriented software development organization
- Attract and recruit top-tier engineers to rapidly expand the team while maintaining Spotify’s values and culture
- Lead a fun, non-hierarchical, and creative work environment
- Coach and lead the engineering team while actively driving strategic efforts yourself
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project leadership for major initiatives, for all product development
Who you are
To be successful in this role, you have experience in the following areas:
- Motivation – You are someone who has a deep appreciation for understanding growth and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organization.
- People Leadership – You’ve got a track record on the people side, building and leading teams in an fast paced environment. Developing leadership and building great managers is second nature to you.
- A record of attracting and retaining world-class technical talent — someone that people want to work for, and with
- You have substantial demonstrated experience building and shipping well-loved software products. You’ve had many experiences with successful product launches.
- An ability to shape strategy as part of a cross-functional leadership team, and to communicate and translate it effectively for technologists
- Strong technical background as evidenced by multiple leadership roles of increasing seniority with a personal preference for remaining highly technical.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within a similar sized organization, in a variety of contexts.
- Top-level organizational leadership — an ability to both operate and grow high performance teams in a dynamic context
- Cultivated executive level engagement and relationship skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.