UX writers play a critical role on the Spotify Design team and work with designers, product managers, and others to write the words you see throughout the Spotify app and website. But our work goes beyond just words—we think about the entire user experience and how we can make it easy and enjoyable for people to navigate. If you like solving problems, sketching out ideas, and writing/editing sentences to be as short, direct, and meaningful as possible, UX writing may just be your calling.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with designers, user researchers, product managers, and developers to design, build, and test new features and products for Spotify’s apps and websites.
- Write clear, concise, and consistent language that’s on-brand and helps people easily navigate Spotify.
- Buddy up with a member our UX writing team to learn more about what we do, and to get thoughtful and frequent advice and feedback on your work.
- Try your hand at every aspect of UX writing: competitive research, copy audits, style guide updates, information architecture, sketching and wireframing, writing and editing, design critiques, user and A/B testing, and more.
- Experience life as a true Spotifier, complete with free food, swag, and ridiculously fun and passionate colleagues.
Who You Are:
- Have received or are pursuing a BA/BS degree or higher in English, Creative Writing, Communications, Design, or a related field
- Are a native English speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are great at working collaboratively and juggling multiple tasks at once
- Have experience writing or editing online content (i.e. school publication, website, personal blog)
Please send a link to your online portfolio or provide individual writing samples.
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.