Creator Marketplace is the home for Spotify’s music industry products such as Spotify for Artists and Spotify Label Analytics. We have a thriving insights community of 20+ data scientists and user researchers.
We are looking for a User Researcher to join our London office to help us develop best-in-class expression and promotion tools for Creators and their teams — how do we help artists stand out? How do we help them grow and reach new audiences? How do we help them connect with their fans?
Together, we’ll come up with exciting and effective ways to help them succeed. You’ll join us to craft a strategy rooted firmly in generative research that paints an exciting vision of the future, and deliver on that vision through effective planning, concept testing, usability testing, and pairing with data scientists on understanding the performance of products on the market.
What you’ll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research through generative, evaluative, contextual, lab-based, longitudinal, and remote methods with a variety of audiences in the music industry
- Help drive our foundational research agenda, including frameworks that describe our users (e.g. segmentation, user journeys, JTBD)
- Partner closely with data scientists to direct and enrich strategic quantitative analyses
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
Who you are
- You have 4+ years experience working in a research role at a consumer or creator focused company
- You have a masters degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, Design or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods working as part of an in-house product development team
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other key partners
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
Location: London, UK
Date Posted: 24th July 2019
Date Closing: 21st August 2019