We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to join Spotify’s Markets growth team. We are building an insights practice that help us identify what appeals to audiences locally, and how we scale these innovations into success globally.
You will work as part of a cross-disciplinary product team, designing and executing research throughout the product development cycle and bringing insights into every decision we make. You will work with multiple methods to deliver to a fast-moving and innovative team as we build the world’s best streaming service customized to all markets at scale. You will help the team to gain a deep understanding of music and listening needs in local markets, and work closely with data scientists to identify and understand audiences and define success metrics for our products. Your work will impact how Spotify thinks about users in our local markets, and you get to define how to scale and make Spotify attractive for more people throughout the world.
What you’ll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research, often in international (non-EU/US) markets
- Deliver compelling and timely insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
Who you are
- You have 5+ years in a research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You have a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
- You are comfortable with global travel as part of your work
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.