Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We are looking for an Associate or User Researcher to work on our Free team. You’ll join a team of data scientists and user researchers working on the Free Product Insights team. We are a cross-functional group working on some key efforts, looking critically at how advertising and messaging fits into our listening experience from user-centered perspectives. By generating actionable insights, you’ll impact the strategy and direction of Spotify ad and messaging products. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and business opportunities to bring data and insights into every decision we make. We’re looking for someone who can design creative studies to gain a deeper understanding of our Spotify Free listeners and advertisers. We want someone who sees this intersection of advertising, messaging, and content as an exciting problem space – how do ads and messages slot into, augment, deliver or enable great listening experiences? How do we balance what’s good for business with the need to champion, empower and protect our users?
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct evaluative and generative research that influences and drives the roadmap for key ad and message products.
- Enable evidence-based Product and Design decisions.
- Build trusted relationships with insights partners to drive impact from your research, and product partners to build a better Spotify ads and messaging experience.
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate results and recommendations to product and design teams. This will in turn drive insights led product development.
Who you are
- You have worked in a research role at a consumer-focused companyYou have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Preferred: you have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research. Must: you’re excited to learn about applying both qual and quant methods to direct research.
- Some common methods our teams use include: diary studies, usability tests, in depth interviews, contextual inquiry, surveys and more.
- You synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to deliver actionable insights that drive product strategy.
- Experienced with collaborate closely with Data Science and are comfortable with metrics and A/B tests.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- Dedicated and advocate of a user-centred approach to product development
- Enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.