We are looking for a User Researcher to join the Customer Support Product Insights team in our Premium Mission. The Premium Insights team consists of 20+ highly motivated and extremely friendly individuals, specialising in both Data Science and User Research, leveraging their skills to build a holistic understanding of our Premium users.
As part of our team you will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, product features, and more bringing data and insights into every decision we make. Your work will impact how we think about our users, our ability to identify and satisfy their needs, and create compelling customer support offerings and experiences informed by those needs.
This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
(We’re open to either London or New York as a location for the successful candidate).
What you’ll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research throughout the product development cycle
- Deliver compelling and directional insights to product, design, and business teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Contribute actively to company-wide research practice and community
- Work from our NY or London office and be willing to travel internationally
Who you are
- You have 5+ years in a hands on research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.