We are looking for an experienced leader in user experience research to join our Product Insights team, and help drive an insights led culture across Spotify. Our mission is to turn customer experiences and data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify products. Your team will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make.
The Premium Revenue Mission is responsible for the delivery of the user experience and platforms that drive important touchpoints with paid subscribers – this includes developing valuable products, plans and bundles; enabling users to pay in a consistent, repeatable and compliant way; create and maintain premium user interactions and increasing awareness of our products.
As a Manager in Product Insights you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of 3-6 professionals from both user research and data science backgrounds, focussed on improving the experience of our paid subscribers in these areas.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the broader product insights team
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from London, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have 5+ years in a user research role at a consumer-focused or B2B company
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field
- You have broad experience of evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You have a passion for making sense of user behaviour, using any available methods and a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.