The US Accounts Payable and Expense Senior Manager will be responsible for the daily management of the Accounts Payable and Expense Function in a fast paced and growth driven environment. This will include, but will not be limited to monitoring the department’s processes, coordinating month end activities, checking payment proposals, handling escalation issues, implementing lean initiatives while ensuring SOX compliance. Scope of the role also includes oversight of the expense processing, which covers Concur platform reporting, acts as escalation contact with external provider, responsible for monitoring adherence to contractual agreements and service level agreements with our third party BPO in Poland.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for reviewing and approving payment runs for the US and Canada Entities. Responsible for month end process for accounts payable and for managing year-end cut off process and determining A/P accruals. Review all month end reconciliation schedules for A/P accounts. Ensures that accounts payable specialists regularly reconcile supplier statements and follow-up on debit balances
- You will interacts with vendors, purchasing function, and other departments for information, training, and problem resolution. Support the organization in any Invoice to Pay strategic initiatives prioritized for the region.
- Alignment and cooperation with Procurement function to further expand the use of Purchase orders in the ‘Procure to Pay’- cycle.
- You’ll interact with internal and external auditors and participates in occasional auditing projects or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
- You’ll develops and/or conduct training programs in field of expertise.
- You will imply as well as communicate the relevant policies to approvers.
Concur & Credit Card
- You are a subject matter expert on Global Expense policy.
- You will oversee Concur execution the day to day activities supporting travel and expense reporting, expense auditing.
- Additional activities include global support of the corporate card and travel expense programs.
- You will provide to management relevant spend dashboards quarterly and on request.
- You will maintain corresponding T&E credit card program with corporate vendors, this implies issuing cards, maintaining limits, and canceling cards for employees. This encompasses as well follow up on delinquent accounts, un-submitted transactions, inappropriate usage of corporate cards.
Who You are
- You’ll have a strong understanding of audit and control activities – ideally gained through experience in auditing (internal or external) or SOX compliance
- You have the ability to work across organizational boundaries
- You have strong communication abilities including written, presentation and listening skills
- You’re able to work independently and handle escalations, identify root causes and prevention method.
- You should have should have prior supervisory/or team leadership and be able to transition processes effectively.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of progressive accounting / accounting operations in a fast paced work environment.
- Degree in BS Accounting, Finance, or Business SystemsDemonstrated ability to manage multiple projects is required.
- You have demonstrated ability to lead and partner with our transactional team and other business teams.