We are looking for an experienced UI Designer to support our Hardware Products that will join the Car Mountain Bet, working to create frictionless and innovative Spotify experiences via hardware products. You’ll work closely with our Hardware, Technology and Content teams to build end user experiences for music and podcasts in order to deliver the optimal Spotify experience to millions of users. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. Working from our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Work with user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Who you are:
- Extensive UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- You have excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical understanding
- You are experienced with agile methodology and data-informed product development
- You have exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to business people, partners and engineers.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a UI Designer in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on mass-market hardware or software applications.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.