Spotify’s Technology Procurement team is hiring a rare combination of dual infrastructure and financial analyst enabling our R&D, Sourcing and Finance functions to make well-informed decisions for how to make the best use of our cloud infrastructure.
This role supports capacity, financial planning, procurement, and strategic excellence for all of our infrastructure – and without this infrastructure there would be no music reaching our ears. It plays a central part in the long-term future of the cloud footprint within Spotify and is also a growth opportunity when it comes to cloud economics and governance. We are ahead on the implementation curve and cloud-native to a high degree. We also act as a lighthouse project with our prime cloud partner, meaning new horizons are reached via our partnership.
The job contains semi-technical aspects, such as ensuring data pipelines and financial/operational toolings and operational processes are continuously improved. This role can be based out of either our Stockholm or Boston office, and will require some travelling.
What You Will Do:
- Support business sponsors and partners with data, visualisations and insights to enable their decision-making and reporting, framing cloud costs in the context of business decisions
- Contribute in implementation, integrations development, and roll-out of Spotify’s Cloud Cost Management tool
- Act as a focus point for technical management related our Cloud Cost Management toolset
- Lead changes end-to-end, defining functional and technical requirements for application extensions and integrations, often doing actual development and configuration work
- Solve problems, application and functional issues and handle these to resolution
- Define and execute on release and configuration management strategies, including test aspects
- Provide front-line support and training to cloud cost management tool users within and outside of the team
- Collaborate with business units, technology teams, and external vendors
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant tool offerings and trends within the cloud management arena, including new fields like Fog, Edge and IoT-based services
Who you are:
- You are familiar with infrastructure management and have exposure to analyses, prediction and optimisation within this field
- You have experience of infrastructure management tools, including technical management and development of integrations, extensions, and performing system administration
- You have hands-on experience of cloud platforms (such as GCP, AWS, Azure)
- You have understanding, and ideally hands-on experience, of SaaS-based cloud management tools (such as Cloudability, Metricly, Rightscale, Cloudyn)
- You have a fundamental understanding of Financial Planning, Record-to-Report, and Segregation of Duties
- You have the ability to build sound relationships, work with feedback, and clearly communicate expectations with team members and management
- You appreciate working with diverse teams and influencing strategy, tactics and execution in a playful manner
- You value developing your #1 Team, use a growth mindset, and like finding yourself being a go-to person for technical matters.
- You believe music makes the world a better place
We are proud to cultivate a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.