Delighting users while compensating artists and creators fairly is at the core of Spotify’s mission. We have ambitious plans in the Premium team, and to achieve them we need to understand the payments space to be able to monetize our vision and minimize fraud. We are focusing on growing one of the world’s largest and fastest growing digital subscription businesses while mitigating risk and making sure that we are at the forefront of minimizing fraudulent behavior on our payments platform.
As a Technical Writer, you will work with product, engineering, data science and design to help synthesize our products into clear, concise and organized documentation. In addition, you’ll work to build documentation that speaks to both technical and non-technical end users.
What you’ll do
- Work on internal and external Spotify documentation.
- Work closely with engineering, product, data science and design to identify documentation needs and evaluate content for technical accuracy.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for APIs, integrations, database architecture, and other documentation related to our advertising business.
- Partner with engineering to establish standardized specifications for integrations with preferred partners.
- Create clear and understandable technical documentation and user guides, for users across the business.
- Help guide Engineers and Developer Advocates in best practices when writing their initial drafts.
- Support your tribe in implementing and following recommended processes and tools for technical documentation.
Who you are
- You have a technical degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have meaningful experience writing online help and technical documentation.
- You have experience documenting complex data products and APIs.
- You have excellent English, written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to quickly learn technology and explain it in a few words.
- You can effectively engage with multiple projects and deadlines, are an attentive listener, and able to cultivate a collaborative environment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.