We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
Every year, millions of listeners from around the world join Spotify. Vital to this growth is our ability to communicate with every one of them in a personal, clear, and authentic manner regardless of language or cultural background.
This is where you come in.
Our Localization team is growing and we have team members both in our New York and Stockholm offices. Both teams are expanding now and you will work from Spotify’s office in New York and will work closely alongside your colleagues in Stockholm to further enhance and support our localization team’s mission and vision. With the 20+ languages already supported, you’ll be fundamental to Spotify’s success around the world.
What You’ll do
- Maintain, assess and constantly look for opportunities to improve the Translation Technology ecosystem at Spotify
- Actively participate in the evaluation and selection of new translation technology systems
- Manage the integrations between internal repositories and CMS with our Translation Management System
- Lead meetings with software engineers across the different business areas to streamline the localization workflows
- Manage end to end high profile Localization projects
- Provide support and guidance to Project Managers from a technical standpoint for the localization of marketing campaigns and content, product and web content, Customer Support, etc.
- Ensure work is done within budget and that vendors adhere to their service level agreement.
- Lead meetings and work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, internal reviewers, engineers, marketers, and others across the company, passionate about Spotify’s success. You will facilitate communication of localization requirements, share insights, resolve any issues and ensure that we operate in line with our overall localization strategy.
- Share best practices and evangelize our localization efforts across the company.
- Review, prioritize, and track the resolution of bugs that affect localized product content quality and functionality.
- Develop and implement processes to manage cost and reduce time to market for localized versions.
- Together with your teammates, research and incorporate industry best practices and innovation into our localization and translation strategy.
- Give input to the budget and follow up on costs related to translations.
- Work on project retrospective with our stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities.
- Report to our Lead Localization Manager located in our New York HQ.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience as Localization Engineer, technical Program Manager or Project Manager, working with state-of-the-art translation technology in a deadline-driven role with accountability for delivering projects with multiple components and multiple stakeholders and collaborators.
- Preferably 5+ years vendor management experience.
- Jira user
- Experience working with TMS, CMS and other translation management tools.
- Experience working with remote team members.
- Excellent track record in delivering global products, and understanding of localization challenges.
- Creative as well as strategic thinker who can demonstrate strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong communication skills
- You’re comfortable with constant change, in your role, around you, in the team. You embrace it and try to make the most of each new opportunity.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.