We are looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) for our data infrastructure team that will work with our big data platform. The TPO will work with a team of 5-10 highly skilled software engineers who build software infrastructure. The TPO is responsible for the priorities and focus of the squad; short and long term vision for the products the team is building, and representing the squad as a communicator with the rest of the technology and product organization (customers). The TPO will report to the IO NYC Honcho and peer with other TPO’s.
What You’ll Do
- Own, prioritize and communicate the short, medium and long term release plan of the team
- Own backlog and priorities of efforts that will perfect and scale our infrastructure
- Interface with the rest of the technology organization to understand opportunities, requirements and priorities to ensure the right focus of the team
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of rolled out infrastructure and iterate as needed
- Create and develop metrics (data) to evaluate the usage and success of the products you’re accountable for.
- Foster adoption of new infrastructure support/systems developed by the team
- Contribute to broader Spotify technology strategy; give feedback to technical teams building products on top of the infrastructure
- Understand, partake in and discuss the architecture/technical decisions made in the squad
Who You Are
- You have several years of working experience as a software engineer
- You have experience with highly scalable & available backend system development so that you can hold constructive architectural/technical conversations/discussions with our talented engineers
- You have experience in leading, formally or informally, and motivating a team
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Capable of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure
- Leading and facilitating meetings (face to face and remote)
- You take pride in your work and take your commitments very seriously
- An engineer/engineering leader who is looking for a new challenge; being a great technical product owner requires technical knowledge, leadership and superb communication and drive
- You like to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to build new functionality quickly
- A swiss-army-knife; as a growing company we need versatile team-members who can switch gears quickly and code a little from time to time
- You enjoy focusing on the big picture and would love to look at Spotify’s technology stack as a whole including architecture, maintainability, stability, etc
- You live in or are willing to relocate to NYC.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.