The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We’re looking for a passionate Tech Product Marketing Manager to join Spotify’s Platform team – which is responsible for building the technology platform, infrastructure, and tools used to create all technology at Spotify. Our goal is to increase adoption of our platform and tools with internal users, while growing our technology brand outside of Spotify. You will be a key person in making both goals happen, driving awareness of our platform and its capabilities inside and outside of Spotify.
Alongside the Product Marketing Lead, you will help lead outreach across three key “market” segments: the internal developers of Spotify, the open source software community, and leaders of the tech industry. We will look to you to craft our messaging, evangelization, and outreach efforts make it easier for others to adopt our technology. This role will give you a rare chance to define a global technology platform brand—but doing so from a brand with 170+ million customers and the support of a global team of product managers, user research experts, engineers, and tech leaders.
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute coordinated internal “go-to-market” plans for launches of new platform capabilities, partnering closely with members of our product manager organization
- Drive internal communications, programs, and events for platform upgrades and new products
- Become a product and market expert in domain specific areas
- Assist in the development of key messaging and execution of external facing marketing initiatives and programs that ultimately drive brand awareness and technical talent acquisition for Spotify.
- Lead outreach initiatives across various channels (blogs, events, public speaking, tech press outreach, etc.) to build knowledge of technology, open source contributions, and our work to improve diversity in tech.
- Collect and distill feedback about our platform, helping us identify trends and unmet needs, craft better value propositions and better please internal and external customers.
- Work from our office in New York City or Stockholm (Sweden)
Who you are
- Established experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
- Knowledge and passion about the technology infrastructure marketplace (e.g., cloud computing, B2B, open source, software infrastructure, developer tooling, etc.)
- A track record of collaborating with a variety of cross-functional partners in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and remain focused on customer needs.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You can work collaboratively and independently, and have experience presenting to large groups and senior audiences
- You have excellent communications skills and are comfortable serving as our editor for sharpening the messaging on our blog posts, tech talks, and other outreach
- You are data driven and can turn insights into actionable growth initiatives
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent; a master’s degree a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.