We’re looking for a passionate Product Marketing Manager to lead outbound marketing activities for Spotify’s Developer Platform Alliance. You will manage outreach for three key “markets”: hundreds of Spotify developers (who build Spotify products and services); the open source software community (who use the technology we open source); and the larger technology industry (who we want to influence as a major technology company). In this role, you will conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive awareness, interaction, and adoption. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. You will also coordinate with many parties–internal and external, technical and non-technical–to share our message.
- Study Spotify’s Developer Platform Alliance products and translate technical details into benefits for users
- Follow and analyze market trends and best practices by our technology peers to successfully position Spotify’s open source programs and intellectual contributions to the tech industry. Develop product marketing strategies to execute these.
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (internal and external)
- Work with various teams (product, education, external foundations and meetups, universities) to implement product marketing strategies
- Test marketing of product and technology channels, messaging, and copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Manager or similar role
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Experience in market analysis
- Excellent communication skills, including a keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Background in design and copywriting is a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.