We’re looking for a passionate Technical Product Manager to help lead our Service Platform mission in New York. In this role you will work closely together with a team of motivated and expert engineers on one of Spotify’s most critical pieces of infrastructure, enabling us to build and contribute to state of the art cloud-native technology that powers our platform. This role includes crafting and then executing on a product strategy around areas like deployment and container orchestration, service mesh (example technologies include istio or Envoy) and messaging (think gRPC). Your work will influence the entirety of our microservice ecosystem at Spotify and will therefore impact the way the world experiences music.
What you will do
- Work closely with skilled engineers and set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the platform and the team.
- Own and drive the product strategy for the service infrastructure domain (including deployment, container orchestration, service mesh, service discovery, and messaging).
- Collaborate with key partners across the organization to make sure that you collaboratively provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Partner with other Product Managers in Infrastructure to provide a world-class developer experience for Spotify engineers.
- Ensure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support.
- Build relationships with the cloud-native (including open source) community to arrive at a deep understanding of the product domain and where it’s headed.
Who you are
- You are an experienced product manager; you’ve driven product strategies from inception to delivery.
- You have a deep knowledge of agile methodologies like scrum or Kanban.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximize impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are curious and a fast learner. You can drive change, adapt quickly and enjoy a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- You have experience building large-scale infrastructure and have exposure to cloud-native technologies.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing how the world listens to music.