We are looking for aTechnical Product Manager for our data infrastructure team that will work with our big data platform. TheThe Technical Product Manager will work with a team of 5-10 highly skilled software engineers who build software infrastructure. The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the priorities and focus of the team; short and long term vision for the products the team is building, and representing the squad as a communicator with the rest of the technology and product organization (customers). The Technical Product Manager will collaborate with other Technical Product Managers to build out our data infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Own, prioritize and communicate the short, medium and long term release plan of the team
- Own backlog and priorities of efforts that will perfect and scale our infrastructure
- Interface with the rest of the technology organization to understand opportunities, requirements and priorities to ensure the right focus of the team
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of rolled out infrastructure and iterate as needed
- Create and develop metrics (data) to evaluate the usage and success of the products you’re accountable for.
- Foster adoption of new infrastructure support/systems developed by the team
- Contribute to broader Spotify technology strategy; give feedback to technical teams building products on top of the infrastructure
- Understand, partake in and discuss the architecture/technical decisions made in the squad
Who You Are
- You have several years of working experience as a software engineer
- You have experience with highly scalable & available backend system development, so that you can hold constructive technical discussions with our talented engineers
- You have experience in leading, formally or informally, and motivating a team
- You have experience with agile development methodology
- You are capable of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure
- You have experience leading and facilitating meetings (face to face and remote)
- You take pride in your work and take your commitments very seriously
- You have experiene as an engineer/engineering leader who is looking for a new challenge; being a great technical product owner requires technical knowledge, leadership and superb communication and drive
- You like to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to build new functionality quickly
- You are a versatile team-members who can switch gears quickly
- You enjoy focusing on the big picture and would love to look at Spotify’s technology stack as a whole including architecture, maintainability, stability, etc.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.