The Car & Wearables product area is on a mission to build and enable great Spotify experiences in all cars and on all wearable devices. We build unique mobile and embedded experiences for both cars and wearables (including smartwatches, hearables, AR/VR devices, and more), and work closely with most major brands in the industry.
We are looking for a Technical Product Area Lead to lead our Car & Wearables product area in Stockholm.
As the technical product area lead your focus is to build a world-class organization with a focus on successful delivery, great teams, and technical excellence. One of the major challenges for this role is driving a significant technical transformation on how we build and ship these experiences across many partner platforms in the future.
What you’ll do
- Grow and manage engineering managers, leaders, and senior engineers
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- Lead the technical strategy work for the product area, and drive the necessary transformation when deploying the strategy
- Advocate and advance modern software development and engineering practices
- Identify and introduce changes in the way your teams operate in order to achieve with them a high performing state
- Ensure the teams are consistently delivering impactful solutions in a timely manner
- Work tightly with your peer product lead and design lead to set the vision for the product area, build and communicate strategy, and improve ways of working as a team
- Take part in partnership meetings, discussions and workshops with our partners across the globe
- Be part of the technical leadership for your tribe – shaping its strategies and help growing an amazing organisation.
Who you are
- You know how to lead by fostering a culture in an agile environment, and you are able to support and grow this culture in existing teams.
- You know how to set a technical strategy for an organization and drive the technical transformation needed across several teams
- You are experienced with developing leadership, supporting managers, and growing the whole team across multiple levels.
- You have a deep understanding of product management, engineering best practices, and experience with building and maintaining mobile and embedded experiences.
- You care about creating a great engineering workforce with a growth mindset and servant leadership focus.
- You have experience of working with partners
- You enjoy working in an agile development environment