We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music will make people live richer lives. We want to create a product for people who love listening to music and people who love creating music.
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager who will join our band spread across the globe to help us develop and grow Spotify’s various partnerships in Home, Consumer Subscriptions, Automotive, and App Integrations. You will have the operational and day-to-day responsibility to handle the technical implementation for these partnerships.
What you’ll do
- Assist our Business Development Deal Managers and Strategic Partner Managers in pre-deal consultation and project definition together with potential partners
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for the partner during the implementation process, leading discussions about the technical architecture to be implemented and consulting on the best methods to integrate with Spotify’s APIs and campaign tools. You will be the subject matter expert to our partner’s engineering teams on Spotify’s partner development tools
- Ensure that Spotify’s dedications in a partner relationship are delivered, documented, as well as follow-up on the partner’s commitments
- Write thorough technical documentation, diagrams and user flows that are both internal and partner-facing
- Coordinate with our different departments: R&D, Product, Legal, Marketing, Analytics, and Design in order to ensure the project deliverables are aligned as well as to ensure we build extraordinary APIs and tools which our partners can integrate
- Assist the partner post-launch with ongoing technical questions to ensure proper maintenance of the partnership and optimize the long-term value of the relationship
- Build reports and perform data analysis of partnerships, campaigns, and performance of various projects to present to partners and internal partners
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical knowledge
- You have documented working experience within an internet start-up, media or digital music industry handling technical integrations. You have a technology background with a project and/or product focus. You never forget that the most important task is to ensure an overall great end-user experience
- A strong background in explaining technical concepts to business partners and accurately presenting projects
- You are experienced in working under deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects at a time
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude, you won’t be afraid to step in when needed
You have knowledge and experience in the following technologies:
- HTTP REST APIs (required)
- Technical Writing (i.e. user flows, API sequence diagrams, etc) (required)
- SQL and Big data analytics such as Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery
- oAuth authentication
- Linux and shell
- DNS, TCP, firewalls, database systems
- Attribution tracking (i.e. UTM tags, referral tags, Adjust)
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages such as Java or Python is helpful
You will be based in NYC with some travel, reporting into our Senior Strategic Partnership Manager.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.