We are looking for a chapter lead who brings exceptional people and technical skills to support two teams within our client platform tribe (ADP) in Stockholm. The tribe mission is to help client developers move as fast as possible. The teams are focusing on performance and instrumentation. As a managers at Spotify, you will challenge and grow our engineers with the individual in mind. In ADP you will also work in pair with an agile coach and in close cooperation with the product owners.
Your primary focus is your team and the people in it, and we expect you to build a great culture with diversity as a core value. The key responsibility for this role is to support 15 engineers, focusing on mobile, and the teams they are members in.
What you’ll do
- Continuously inspire and develop your team of engineers
- Collaborate closely with other leaders supporting the team, especially sharing the same people and teams together with an agile coach, to grow individuals and the teams and help the teams have a true impact
- Evangelize best engineering practices across all of Spotify, focusing on agile and CI/CD
- Collaborate with other development teams, Product Owners, agile coaches, QA and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Collaborate with the other leaders to lead the App Development Productivity tribe
- Play a key role in architectural and strategic decisions
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality talent
Who you are
- You know what it takes to build a team, you believe in agile & lean values and you are a servant leader
- You have a solid technical background, from the mobile engineering side (iOS/Android).
- You are also well versed in engineering practices such as test driven development, iterative and incremental development and what it takes to build a strong engineering culture
- You are convinced of the pros of Continuous delivery and know when, why and how to invest in automated testing and tooling for CI/CD
- You have managed a team before and have experience in growing and mentoring engineers
- You bring energy, positivity and drive to the teams you work with
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where the two teams are located.We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.