We’re looking for a Tax Accounting Intern to #JoinTheBand. In your internship, you will become part of a small team with skilled and highly dedicated colleagues. In the international and dynamic workplace that is Spotify, you will play an important part in taking the company to the next level. You will be involved in all aspects of tax compliance obligations in the United States, Canada, & Latin America markets, across various Spotify businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with federal/state/local tax filings regarding income, franchise, sales & use, and all other direct & indirect taxes
- Provide assistance with federal and state tax audits
- Perform tax research and document findings relating to Spotify’s tax structure
- Provide assistance on special projects
Who you are:
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in accounting, tax, or finance (Junior, Senior, Masters Level)
- Self-motivated and interested in the tax landscape surrounding the digital economy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and social personality to build relationships within the tax team and greater finance group
- Multi-lingual (i.e. conversational Spanish) is a plus
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Late January, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- Late March, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.