Spotify Studios is responsible for all original and exclusive video and audio content on the Spotify platform. As Spotify expands its content production in podcasts including music, scripted, sports, comedy and news/culture, Spotify Studios is looking for a Talent & Casting Lead who will recruit top talent from other media platforms but also seek out undiscovered talent.
This role will interface with the community of talent agents and managers to find talent and recruit them to the platform as well as oversee hiring of and working with casting directors for scripted projects and perform talent management on site during production, press appearances and other promotional events.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Studio’s Comedy, Scripted, Sports and Music Vertical Leads in recruiting talent and hosts for formats
- Spearhead the process by organizing and facilitating the casting of talent for Spotify’s platform
- Working closely with the director and producer to understand their requirements, and suggesting ideal talent for each vertical
- Negotiate fees and contracts for talent and acts as a liaison between the director, the talent and their agents
Who you are:
- Must have strong relationships with both the Los Angeles and Broadway talent community
- Experience working directly for studios, production companies, and/or agencies
- Instinct for identifying new and existing talent and their suitability for a particular Spotify vertical
- Experience reading scripts and collaborating with producers, directors, and writers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital in order to liaise with a range of people, including production staff, talent agents and talent