We are looking for an individual who wants to join Spotify´s Strategy Operations team. The team manages the process through which Spotify sets its long-term strategic direction and figures out how to get there. Our aim is to create the optimal operating model for balancing creativity and innovation with speedy and focused execution. Our team is constantly looking for a better balance between autonomy and cross-business execution.
You will be a guardian of this balance and help us adjust internal and external developments. Specifically, the team is responsible for ensuring successful execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives.
You will also create tools and context to help people in the organization do more of the right things better and faster. Your work will involve designing, managing and constantly improving our framework that help stakeholders understand Spotify’s mission and objectives, and how their work fits into those models.
What you’ll do
- Continually assess Spotify’s most important strategic and operational challenges, and improve our understanding of the way things work at Spotify.
- Identify, prioritize and lead continuous improvement on our strategic planning and our execution model.
- Work with cross-functional, strategic initiatives and support our Program Managers in their work where they lead and execute on the initiatives.
- Be a spokesperson for the team to foster communication and collaboration between our team and other functional teams, program managers and our senior leadership.
- Act as a strong communicator and trainer of the operating model and the different elements within the operating model .
- Build and nurture strong networks within Spotify to make our operations world-class.
- Cultivate a safe and positive environment for our team through effective prioritization, team advocacy, thought leadership and empathy.
- Structure, develop and communicate data-driven, insightful, and compelling theory, hypotheses, tests and recommendations on improving operational issues at the company for senior stakeholders at Spotify.
- Drive change at Spotify. Help out to find the optimal ways of getting the most impactful things done in a speedy manner
Who you are
- You are a passionate problem solver with an agile mindset and have a track record of creating environments that help people do meaningful work
- You think, act and communicate clearly and confidently with your team members and stakeholders across the company. You are comfortable partnering with individual contributors, vendors and C-level executives.
- You prioritize regularly and work iteratively to maximize positive organizational impact
- You have demonstrable experience of working on critical, highly visible projects and thriving even when given a short timeline
- You learn quickly and help your team to do so too
- You care deeply about operational efficiency
- You “work out loud”, making your work-in-progress visible and receptive to constant feedback
- You are a curious person actively seeking inspiration and engaging in discussion on new operational and organizational theories, technologies and business challenges
- You are able to think out of the box and are not afraid of driving change
- You have true experience from driving change in a bigger organisation with a proven record of speed, impact and efficiency improvements
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.