Spotify aims to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery; in this role, you’d help multiple product teams work together to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users’ unique tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
We seek a Strategy & Operations Lead to help us grow, organize, and nurture the team working on personalization. You will play an active role in shaping the new music economy. Our organization of engineers, designers, and product managers are located between New York, Boston and Stockholm.
If you enjoy fast-paced high energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll act as the team’s chief operator responsible for the daily operation of the growing 100+ person team working closely with VPs and Directors representing Engineering, Product and Design on products like Search, Home and Voice
- You’ll ensure the team strategic planning and operational rhythm is clear and maintains a healthy cadence and proactively drive improvement
- You’ll operate the budget, forecasting & hiring plan
- You’ll manage a team of agile coaches and program managers to drive overall organizational effectiveness
- You’ll craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- You’ll support all needs around work environment including work space, tools and events collaboration with the IT Human Resources team
- You’ll collaborate across the Personalization Mission and Spotify Operations community to identify and drive systemic improvement
- You’ll be based in New York with potential travel up to 15%
Who you are
- You have lead program management or strategy operations organizations effectively
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- You have project management skills: 7+ years of experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, manage multiple priorities and deliver on-time results
- You have the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You have proven experience running highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You understand what agile is all about
- You are extremely organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are excited to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.