We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join the Global Sourcing team at Spotify. The position is based in NYC. You will be responsible for the marketing associated spend within the company which will include sourcing and procurement of various indirect marketing categories for our stakeholders and offices around the world. You may manage a small team which includes global sourcing manager(s). You will set category strategies and drive efficiencies wherever possible for multiple related categories which will include accountability for performance & results of related units/teams.
What you will do:
- Act as a Commodity & category subject matter expert
- Set overall commodity strategy & direction
- Key stakeholder partnership building & relationship maintenance
- Independently executes & advises on the strategic sourcing methodology
- Overall responsibility for designing, driving & executing on category strategies
- Ability to identify key opportunities & drive projects to execute on these
- Key negotiation lead & advisor
- RFx refinement
- Responsible for defining & setting the categorization of services/products within a commodity
- Conducts spend analysis, identifies savings opportunities & overall responsible for realizing savings/efficiencies
- Provides training and guidance to team & stakeholders as it relates to the strategic sourcing methodology
- Continuously considers total cost of ownership (TCO) implications
- Collaborates with business leaders to find opportunities to reduce costs
- Continually monitor markets & suppliers for potential sources of supply
- Finalizes and presents recommendations to business leaders
- Identify key opportunities as well as process streamlining/improvement opportunities
- Team development & coaching
Who you are:
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Masters + BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business, CPSM preferred
- Wide experience in handling multiple spend categories.
- Previous experience of strategic sourcing within the marketing area (media spend, advertising, creative development, events, analytics etc) is required.
- Additional sourcing experience of other indirect spend commodities and associated categories will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communicator – open, transparent and courageous
- Ability to implement creative solutions in regards to broken processes
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.