We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join the Global Sourcing team at Spotify. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10+ years of experience at a global organization. The position is based in NYC.
Responsible for at least one major spend commodity which will include sourcing and procurement of various indirect categories for our users and offices around the world. May manage a team including global sourcing managers. Sets category strategies and drives cost savings when possible for multiple categories. Accountable for performance and results of related units/teams.
What you will do:
- You will set overall commodity strategy & direction
- Global sourcing manager (GSM) team management and be accountable for performance
- Develop and ensure that category strategies are executed by GSM’s.
- Advisory & subject matter expert to GSM’s around the sourcing of multiple indirect categories
- Independently executes and advises team & peers on the strategic sourcing methodology (Seven Steps)
- RFx refinement & negotiation advisory
- Key stakeholder partnership build & maintenance
- Strategic supplier management & development
- Overall responsible for defining & setting the categorization of services/products within the commodity
- Key negotiation lead & advisory
- Provides training and guidance to stakeholders as it relates to the strategic sourcing methodology.
- Ensures costs savings are realized once identified
- Identifies new and/or complex pool of spend categories
- Ability to identify key opportunities and drive projects to execute on these.
- Recognizes the need for change and drives the change plan with little or no guidance
- Conducts spend analysis and identifies savings opportunities
- Continuously considers total cost of ownership (TCO) implications
- Identify outsourcing opportunities as well as process streamlining/improvement opportunities<span
- Manages a portfolio of spend categories.
- Monitors all markets within the category portfolio..
- Establishes short & long term category plans.
- Sets category strategy for various categories.
- May lead the management of new or complex spend categories.
- Coaches and develops GSM’s in the sourcing and managing of categories.
- Seeks opportunities for change and drives the change plan to create greater savings, higher quality or reduced risk for the organization.
- Identifies demand management triggers and works collaboratively with key business stakeholders to drive value.
Category Financial Management
- Understands geo-political issues that may impact the category portfolio.
- Analyzes key value and cost drivers of supply markets and suppliers, and uses this knowledge to reduce cost or improve efficiencies.
- Analyzes financial health of current and potential suppliers.
- Identifies and mitigates potential risks.
- Uses knowledge of cost drivers to create financial improvement targets for suppliers.
- Utilizes all elements of volume and demand forecasting.
Supplier Selection and Negotiation
- Collaborates with business leaders to find opportunities to reduce costs
- Continually monitors markets for potential sources of supply.
- Finalizes and presents recommendations to business leaders.
- Provides guidance, approval and a point of escalation during negotiations.
- Ensures sourcing events are completed, savings are captured and appropriately calculated.
- Develop category strategies for various categories.
- Negotiates or guides GSM’s in the negotiations of complex agreements (e.g. complicated scope of work, suppliers market, etc.).
- Identifies/monitors new sources of supply.
- Segments suppliers and ensures consistent management across all categories.
- Develops and manages strategic supplier relationships for new and existing suppliers.
- Understands concepts of supplier development, proactively identifies issues and implements solutions.
- Develops supplier scorecards and facilitates regular supplier reviews to track savings, supplier performance and service levels.
- Resolves contract compliance issues across the portfolio.
- Ensures initiatives to enhance cost savings, supplier performance and service levels are implemented and tracked.
Who you are:
- 5-10+ years of experience.
- Masters + BS/BA in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business, CPSM preferred
- Wide experience in handling multiple spend categories.
- Previous experience of strategic sourcing within some or all of the following categories is desirable:Real Estate & Facilities, Travel Management,Professional Services (including HR & Travel Management) and Marketing
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.