At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and built a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We are always on a look-out for highly talented people to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a Strategic Partnership Manager to join our Business Development team, based in our Stockholm office. This role will look after the strategic partnerships that Spotify strikes globally, with a specific focus on speakers, voice and wearable partnerships on the hardware team. You will have day-to-day responsibilities to ensure that it’s a win-win-win partnership with the partner, the end customer, and us! Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do:
Own and manage the end-to-end third-party partner process for speaker, voice, and wearables partners integrating Spotify playback.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility of
- Signed software evaluation and distribution agreements
- Review of creative materials
- Triage of integration requests to the appropriate technical personnel on Jira
- Reporting and invoicing
- Work on ad-hoc projects aimed at optimizing the partner process and serving partnership needs including
- Updating the partner portal to reflect changing requirements and tools on WordPress and MarkDown
- Managing and updating click-through agreement templates
- Supporting initiatives driven by Business Development, R&D, and Marketing
- Using MailChimp to keep partners updated about the current state of the business
- Coordinate with other relevant departments across Spotify’s wider business to drive opportunities such as R&D, Marketing, PR, Label Relations, Advertising Sales.
- You will carry out necessary partnership amendments and help manage and develop global template and agreements.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about online content streaming and software/hardware development
- You have familiarity with software development processes
- You have experience using spreadsheet tools for reporting, are comfortable with the tools listed above
- You are comfortable working online across different time zones, often working unusual hours
- You are an outgoing person comfortable engaging with people from different cultures who may not speak English as a first language
- You are a self-starter that won’t be afraid to step in when needed and you have outstanding project management skills.
- The role may have you reporting to a manager overseas. You are independent and can stay motivated and engaged with low levels of oversight and hands-on support
- You have experience prioritizing widely varied tasks, both internally and externally with partners.
- A Key Account Manager/Partner account management background is essential
- You can demonstrate having carried out partner-focused projects from concept to completion
- Technical skills and knowledge of APIs are a bonus but not essential.
- You have significant and documented working experience within a tech hardware, internet startup, the digital music industry.
- You can demonstrate an example of cooperation and team play that you initiated and how it led to success.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.