Spotify is seeking a Strategic Operations Manager to join our dynamic Legal, Licensing & Government Affairs (LGA) Operations team working out of our New York office.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, LGA Operations, the Manager will be part of the LGA Operations team, responsible for conducting strategic projects and supporting the wider LGA business unit to address strategic questions through analytics, problem solving and cross-functional collaboration.
The manager will be able to think “big picture” to actively identify strategic direction but will also be willing to roll up sleeves. From developing business cases and facilitating decisions, to building analytical frameworks and solutions that directly impact the ability for LGA to scale, you will enable the achievement of the company’s most critical strategic goals and bets.
This is an individual contributor role with no people management responsibilities and the impact is driven by strategic advice and aligning with stakeholders to drive projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of Legal, Licensing and Government affairs processes, systems and applications.
- Help build business cases for new initiatives, including development of KPIs.
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answer critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results.
- Information Technology system evaluations, acquisitions, development, integrations, change management and maintenance.
- Use analytical frameworks to support leadership in business decision making.
- Manage the seamless execution of complex and time critical projects by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized approach for resolution.
- Stay on top of market trends and changes in the competitive landscape and share appropriate insights with the team.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree with specialization in business, finance or related field of study; MBA desired but not required.
- Investment banking, consulting, strategy or related experience; familiarity with high growth operations, content licensing and legal processes desired but not required.
- Proven experience with systems / tech selections and implementations.
- Proven experience with using project management methodologies and tools; PMP certification desired but not required.
- Proven experience identifying potential innovative ideas, framing a business case and executing the idea through to completion.
- Experience working with a variety of business partners/ stakeholders including senior management and/ or executives.
- A driver personality, biased towards action, a simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and effect change, and process improvements.
- Adept at managing multiple, complex priorities and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- You embody the Spotify values: innovative, collaborative, sincere, passionate, playful.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.