This role’s responsibility is to coordinate and oversee Financial Compliance for Spotify subsidiaries in the EMEA Region with regard to Local Statutory Reporting for Spotify AB and EMEA legal entities. You will be the local representative and ambassador of Spotify’s EMEA hub responsible for Statutory Reporting under IFRS/Local GAAP including the Statutory Audit Process.
You will become a part of an international, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Perhaps most importantly: you will become a part of changing how the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Lead AB and local EMEA Entity Statutory Audit Process
- Drive coordination & planning with EY, service providers, Legal & Tax and other functions. Ensure all statutory files & related backup are readily available
- Preparation of Statutory Accounting Memos to support complex and significant transactions.
- Making sure we are compliance with local regulations
- Coordinate timely & accurate completion of IFRS to Local GAAP reconciliations. Ensure appropriate reviews and sign-offs
- Proactively initiate improvement processes with purpose to increase efficiency (automation) and improve quality of the EMEA Statutory Reporting Process
- Provide oversight for maintaining the integrity of the EMEA legal entity financial results ensuring compliance to relevant accounting standards, as well as statutory accounting processes for the Luxembourg Holding Company and other EMEA legal entities.
- Support EMEA Tax Dept with regard to local regulatory compliance and Governance
- Partner with the US Technical Accounting team with regard to IFRS Technical Updates
- Be part of the Monthly/Quarter close to support complex accounting transactions that might take place in the EMEA region
- Work with IT to support systems changes & improvements, ensure testing & appropriate signoffs.
- Manage a local team of 1 person.
Who you are:
- You are experienced within public accounting and industry and able to run audit processes independently. We believe that you have about 10 years of experience of which 3 years in management level capacity
- Previous experience gained should include audit and regulatory reporting including IFRS reporting as well as some exposure to taxation issues
- You are detail oriented and have overall business understanding and perspective
- You have expertise in technical accounting issues and have a post-qualified certification
- A fast paced environment with excellent organizational excites you and you are comfortable in large-scale ERP environments
- A plus is if you have experience from working with an US public multi-national company
- Fluent in English, oral and written. Additional foreign languages would be an advantage
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.