We believe that music ought to be accessible to more fans around the world. By experimenting, understanding, and delivering growth opportunities through Spotify.com website we drive sustained growth of Spotify fans around the world. Being in such a growth position, the team is directly involved in several of the company’s top bets and has a big impact on the Spotify experience.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build features, and scalable architecture for web applications on Spotify.com
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Partner with software engineers, product owners, designers and data scientists
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by the team, taking part in an on-call rotation
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices, and you will collaborate with some of the best developers in the business as a member of the Spotify web guild
Who You Are
- You are proactive, adaptable, and inventive
- You have a deep understanding of system design for web applications
- You have a deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in Web Development
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging teams to improve their ways of working
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.