As a Mobile & Backend Engineer you will be instrumental in building the next generation mobile interface. This is a chance to work on a distributed microservices architecture, building services for high volume traffic and build scalable systems. This is a blend of Mobile and Backend role and we are looking for engineers who have exposure of building iOS (Objective-C / Swift) apps, working with consumer facing sector app/services with previous knowledge of rapid prototyping and A/B testing.
You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in building apps on different platforms and work on distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work across mobile and backend development
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify and have a huge impact
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java and iOS services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner
- Collaborate and review codes regularly
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
- You have more than 7+ years of writing iOS & Backend code, collaborating with different team members and contributing to project development
- You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York
- You are experienced and confident developer
- You are passionate to learn new platforms and technologies
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.